About Our Pastor and
Our Pastor Dr. Theo
Bessman, Sr. Senior Pastor
Senior Pastor, Theo Bessman
As a PK (pastor’s kid), I was blessed to be brought up in a Christian home and served in various capacities such as Sunday school teacher, college campus minister, deacon, youth minister, associate pastor before being called as the founder and senior pastor of Arlington Christian Bible Fellowship church (Now New Grace, Arlington) in Arlington, Texas in 1997. Since its inception in 1997, the church has experienced tremendous growth with a multicultural and diverse membership; to God be all the glory.
As a product of missionaries in the country of Liberia, West Africa, I came to the United States in 1982 for higher education and earned a Bachelor’s of science in Business administration/computer science from Rust College, Holly Springs, MS. During my undergraduate years, I served as campus minister and Bible study teacher for the local church.
To equip my call, I took classes at Dallas Theological seminary and Southwestern Theological seminary and later earned my master’s and doctor of ministry from Vision University in Theological studies and Christian Counseling.
To pay forward, I make annual missionary trips to various parts of Africa and am involved in church plant. My love for God and His people has led me to establish several benevolent works in Africa including paying school tuition for orphans and other disadvantaged kids, providing scholarships for adults to further their education, and funding small businesses for individual entrepreneurs.
My high school sweetheart, Felicia Bessman, and I have been married since 1987 and we have two adult children. My wife is a great helpmate in ministry and as the executive pastor, she oversees the various ministries of the church.
First Lady, Felicia Bessman
Our First Lady Felicia Bessman, Executive Pastor
As the first lady and executive pastor of Arlington Christian Bible Fellowship Church (Now New Grace, Arlington) in Arlington, Texas, I feel very blessed and privileged to serve alongside my husband and be part of a loving congregation as such. My husband and I were called to start this ministry in 1997 in the Arlington area which has grown from having just one Sunday school class to several classes on Sunday morning and several ministry opportunities.
In my executive pastoral role, I oversee various ministries of the church and facilitate strategic planning to help achieve the church’s mission and vision.
I am a passionate servant leader, a licensed professional counselor, a conference speaker, an educator, a nurse practitioner who takes her calling seriously. I serve God by serving His people.
My Ministry to Women: Sisters of Grace, a ministry to women from all walks of life that come together and share in God's grace.
My personal Mission: To provide service to individuals and families in need of physical and emotional healing through my work and my calling.
My Vision: That women everywhere will be empowered to achieve their fullest potential as they share in God’s GRACE.
Philosophy: Everyone has been gifted to fulfill a special purpose in life but need people along the way to make it happen.
My Volunteer work: Open Arms Health clinic, Kinwest clinic, community health fairs, and local community projects.
My Mission work: I served as both medical missionary and VBS teacher in Dominican Republic, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Guatemala. My goal is to go on a medical mission to Africa very soon.
My Favorite Scripture: Phil. 4:13 -- I can do all things through Christ which strengths me.
My Favorite clichés:
- If you plant apples don’t expect grapes.
- An Apple a day will keep your medical deductible in your pocket.
- A verse a day will keep the devil away.
- You are as good as the friends you make.
- All that glitters isn't gold
- BS (Biology/chemistry)- Rust College
- BSN(Nursing)—Texas Woman’s University,
- MA (Marriage and Family counseling & Christian Education)—Southwestern Baptist Theological seminary
- MSN (Family Nurse Practitioner)-Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Certifications: Nurse practitioner (NP-C) & Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
What We Believe
- We believe in ONE GOD ( Isaiah 45:5, 6)
- We believe that JESUS CHRIST, the Son of God, is the second person in the Godhead (Matthew 16:16, 17:5)
- We believe in the HOLY SPIRIT, the third Person in the triune Godhead (John 14:16, 17)
We further believe:
- The Bible as the unadulterated Word of God. Hebrews 4:12
- Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8
- The Resurrected Christ and the victorious Second Coming of Christ. 1 Thessalonians 4:16
- All the tithe of the land,… is the Lord’s. It is Holy to the Lord. Leviticus 27:30
- Baptism as an outward expression of faith in Jesus Christ. Romans 6:3
- The Lord’s Supper in remembrance of Jesus’ broken body and His Blood of the New Covenant. 1 Corinthians 11:25
- Demonstrative praise and worship. Psalm 150